All fields are mandatory, please work within the maximum word count.
Who should apply?
We believe our Lord disciples and grows His people through local churches, and so we are committed to providing seed funding for church plants to help them launch as evangelistic and healthy churches that become sustainable (self-supported) over time. We provide seed funding in the first years of a plant to help them become established.
Who should apply for a Church Plant Grant?
- New church plants either started, or launching within the next 12 months.
- Church plants from either Australia or New Zealand. We will not accept plants outside of these regions.
- Plants that require seed funding to help launch their church in the first few years, yet who seek to be self-supported within 5 years.
Who should NOT apply for a Church Plant Grant?
- Churches that are already established. You may be able to apply for a Church Growth Grant.
- Churches that are seeking to employ a second staff worker. You may be able to apply for a Church Growth Grant.
- Churches that have a new growth project they are seeking to fund. You may be able to apply for a Church Growth Grant.
- Churches that are looking to bring on a planting apprentice or MTS worker. You may be able to apply for a Leadership Grant.
Our vision for church plants across Australia is that we’ll see:
- A healthy pipeline of new church planters across the country.
- New churches that reach new people with the gospel.
- Plants that reach “unchurched” and “dechurched” people.
- Plants that become sustainable (self-supported) within 5 years.
- Effective church management as part of a new plant.
- Local churches that value the support provided by denominational centres.
Please note: If you are unsure of your eligibility as outlined in these guidelines, please contact Gospel Future Fund BEFORE completing the Preliminary Enquiry Form. If you are based outside Australia or New Zealand and you are unknown to Gospel Future Fund, we will not respond to your enquiry.
Explore the Frequently Asked Questions related to Church Plant Grants
Applying for a grant
Overview of submission process
- A submission is considered once a year per church.
- To assess your suitability for a grant, first complete the Preliminary Enquiry Form.
- If your project is suitable, you will then be invited to proceed to the comprehensive Grant Submission stage.
- The latest submission dates are available on our home page.
Important guidelines for your submission
Completing the online Church Plant Grant Preliminary Enquiry Form
- Preliminary Enquiry Forms that do not include all the requested information will not be considered.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility as outlined in these guidelines, and you wish to discuss the nature of your project to help save time and effort on both sides, you may contact Gospel Future Fund and request a phone call.
- Notification of the outcome of the Preliminary Enquiries will be sent via email as soon as possible.
- In some cases, we may contact you to request further information regarding your Preliminary Enquiry.
- Gospel Future Fund reserves the right to seek assistance from external experts in examining and assessing Preliminary Enquiries . Accordingly, applicant organisations should be mindful when preparing their submissions that any material provided to Gospel Future Fund may be passed on to one or more third parties during the assessment process.
- At Gospel Future Fund’s discretion, you may be invited to provide a more detailed Grant Submission after we review your Preliminary Enquiry Form. Invitations for Grant Submissions will be sent to applicant organisations via email.
- Submit the completed Church Plant Grant Submission Form to email@example.com
- The Church Plant Grant Submission Form will list any attachments that may be required. Please place the attachments in the order requested and present the total Grant Submission with attachments in ONE PDF file.
- After completion of your submission, we may contact you (possibly more than once) to seek clarification on the content of your submission.
- Gospel Future Fund reserves the right to seek assistance from external experts in examining and assessing submissions.
What happens after you submit?
- Applicants invited to make Grant Submissions will be advised by email of the decision on their submission, usually within a fortnight of the relevant Directors’ Meeting.
- If you are successful, you will be sent a letter outlining the conditions of the grant and the payment schedule.
- You will be asked to give your bank details (for electronic bank transfer of grant payments) and to sign your agreement with the grant conditions including receipting and reporting requirements before the grant commences.
- Successful organisations should note that Gospel Future Fund prefers not to accept framed certificates, plaques or other tokens of appreciation.
- A grant condition is that there be no public recognition of the grant without our prior approval. While Gospel Future Fund values the spirit in which these acknowledgements are given, organisations are encouraged to express their appreciation in letter format.
For successful applicants
- Grants are usually paid in the first week of April and October during the “Specified Period” of the grant. Payments will not be made if there are any outstanding receipts and or reports.
- Please promptly send your formal receipt of each grant payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are required to provide Gospel Future Fund ongoing information to enable monitoring and evaluating the progress of your project.
- An Annual Report will be required by Gospel Future Fund within three months of 30 June or 31 December for each year of the project.
- A Final Report will be required within three months of 30 June or 31 December following the completion date of the project (called the “Specified Period”).
- The reports are linked to the original Grant Submission planned outcomes and the Grant Conditions.
- All emails to include in “Subject” the grantee name and unique grant number.
Preliminary Enquiry Form
Your online Enquiry Form will be completed in one session. Please download the Church Plant Grant Preliminary Enquiry Planning Document so you can prepare your responses before completing the form below. Please check the Current Submission Dates before completing this form (enquiries outside the submission dates will not be considered).
When your Preliminary Enquiry has been approved, you will be invited by email to complete a Full Church Plant Grant Submission. Please download the document to complete, and email to email@example.com
An Annual and Final Report will be required by Gospel Future Fund for Church Plant Grants within three months of 30 June or 31 December for each year. Please ensure you complete within 3 months of your financial year through the Online Report. Please note the online form will not send you a copy of your report, we recommend copying and pasting your answers into a word document for your future reference.
A Final Report will be required within three months of 30 June or 31 December following the completion date through the Online Report.